1st March 2018 Workshop Day at Sir J J Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai, India
Typoday workshops are based on this year’s theme of ‘Beauty, Form and Function in Typography’ and are designed to offer exposure on various aspects of typography. This will provide a platform for students/design professionals from varied backgrounds to interact with experts in typography design.
Schedule:8.00am – 9.30am — Registration and Tea
9.30am – 9.45am — Welcome and Introduction to the Facilitators
10.00am – 1.00pm — Morning Sessions
1.00pm- 2.30pm — Lunch
2.30pm to 5.30pm — Afternoon Sessions
5.30pm to 6.00pm — Workshop Exhibits + Tea
The following workshops will be conducted on 1st March 2018
Workshop to be conducted by the following experts:
1. Mr. Rainer Erich Scheichelbauer And Mr. Muthu Nedumaran.......More
Type Studio Schriftlabor, Vienna and Typographer, Singapore
Title: 'Creating Open Type Fonts for Indic Scripts'
2. Prof. G V Sree Kumar.......More
Faculty Member, Head, IDC IIT Bombay
Title: 'Landscapes and Wordscapes - typographic storytelling'
3. Prof. Kumkum Nadig.......More
Faculty Member, Head, Visual Communication Design, Srishti School of Design, Bangalore
Title: 'Typographic Abstraction'
4. Prof Girish Dalvi and Ms. Maithili Shingre.......More
Faculty Member, IDC IIT Bombay, Mumbai and Ek Type foundry
Title: 'Reviving Calligraphic Styles as Fonts'
5. Mr. Kalpesh Gosavi.......More
Faculty, Sophia Polytechnic, Art and Design Department, Mumbai
Title: 'Word visual Narratives'
6. Prof. Mahendra Patel and Prof. Pradnya Naik.......More
Faculty Members, Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune
Title: 'Artistic Typography'
7. Prof. Tarun Deep Giridhar and Prof. Shubhanand Gopal Jog.......More
Faculty, Graphic Design Head, National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad and Faculty, Sir J. J. Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai
Title: 'Introduction to Typography Through Letterpress Printing'
8. Prof. Nanki Nath.......More
Faculty, Graphic Design, National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad
Title: 'Semantics in Type to design Brand Identity'
9. Mr. Achyut R. Palav.......More
Calligrapher , Mumbai
Title: 'Modi Script- Exploring the Forgotten'
10. Prof. Abi Aad Antoine and Prof. Rana Abou Rjeily .......More
Faculty Members of Fine Arts and Architecture, Lebanese University, Lebanon
Title: 'Further Than Latin, Further Than Typography'
11. Ms. Noopur Datye .......More
Type Designer and Co-founder, Ek Type, Mumbai
Title: 'Drawing Parallel Styles Across Scripts'
12. Mr. Thomas Phinney.......More
CEO of FontLab, USA
Title: 'Intro to Font Creation with FontLab VI'
13. Ms. Sulekha Rajkumar.......More
Graphic Designer, Type Designer and Lettering Artist, Mumbai
Title: 'Lettering Workshop: Harmony in type and illustration'
14. Mrs. Kimya Gandhi and Mr. Rob Keller.......More
Type Designer, Mumbai and Type Designer at Mota Italic, Berlin, Germany
Title: 'Art Deco Mumbai'