Focus on 'Typography, Sensitivity and Fineness'
Typography Day will be organized for the eight time from 7th to 9th of March 2015 at the Industrial Design Centre (IDC), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) with support from India Design Association (InDeAs) and Aksharaya.
The theme for this year's event is 'Typography, Sensitivity and Fineness’.
The event will feature a day of workshops on Typography and Calligraphy followed by two days of conference dedicated to 'typography, Sensitivity and Fineness’. The international conference will be devoted to addressing issues faced by type designers, type users and type educators. The conference includes presentations by invited keynote speakers, eminent academicians, blind juried papers, industry professionals, research scholars and students. The event will also host an exhibition of selected posters and typographic works of students and faculty members from Design Institutes.
The event is planned over three days:
Day 1: Workshops on Typography + Meet on ‘Research in Typography’
Day 2-3 : Conference focusing on ‘Typography, Sensitivity and Fineness’
The Conference will focus on the following issues:
- Experiments and Explorations in typography, sensitivity and fineness
- Sensitivity and Fineness in typography design
- Craftsmanship in typography design
- Intricate details of typography
- Sensitivity and fineness in typography design with multilingual scripts
- Sensitivity and fineness in typography design in native (indigenous) Scripts
- Sensitivity and fineness typography design within local contexts.
- Research activities in typography, sensitivity and fineness
- Education aspects of typography with sensitivity and fineness
Sub-themes for the conference:
The conference will focus on, but will not be limited to the following sub-themes
Typography- Calligraphy, Sensitivity and Fineness'
Teaching and practice, Workshops and schools
Digital typography, Sensitivity and Fineness
Mobile devices, Tablets, Web Typography
Environmental Typography, Sensitivity and Fineness
Signage, Installations, Graffiti or Street Art, Architecture
Commercial typography, Sensitivity and Fineness
Advertisements, Packaging, Retail, Product graphics, Fashion
Vernacular typography, Sensitivity and Fineness
Native Calligraphy, Culture and Typography, Indigenous scripts
Typograph , Sensitivity and Fineness in Education
Instructional Aid, Displays, Information Graphics
Typography, Sensitivity and Fineness in Media
Television, Movie titling, Movie posters, Subtitling, Typography in motion